Adoptable Pets


Brutus is a lover of snacks and for him – the more you have, the better!

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


This dashing man knows how to appreciate a good bed and a belly rub.

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


This smarty pants has a bright future ahead of him.

Learn More

Adoptable Pets

Little Texas

“It's not that I'm lazy or older... It's just that I'm highly motivated to do nothing. Wanna join?” – Little Texas

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


Kimber is great with kids, loves cuddles and a good game of fetch or tag.

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


Vader would make a good pet for your garage or shed. For the most part, he just likes being a cat, hanging out by himself doing cat things.

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


Bryght is a real pig.  And we mean that in every sense of the word! 

Learn More

Adoptable Pets


Ray loves attention and wants to play about 90% of his time. The other 10% is spent napping on laps and eating. If you have a lap, you should come meet this cutie.

Learn More

Join our team!

Do you love animals?  Join the Cheyenne Animal Shelter team and help serve the community of Laramie County and all it’s furry friends.

The Cheyenne Animal Shelter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.


Staff Veterinarian

The Cheyenne Animal Shelter, located in Cheyenne, WY, is accepting resumes for a future Staff Veterinarian experienced in Shelter Medicine. We will consider new grads.

You will work with the Medical Director and Veterinary Team (Cert. Vet Tech, Vet Assistants and Animal Care Specialist assigned to the Clinic) to develop and keep up-to-date written practices and protocols that maintain and improve the overall health of the animals under shelter care.

Duties of this position include:

  • Taking all necessary steps to prevent the transmission of illness between shelter animals and staff and will ensure that all practices and protocols are followed by shelter staff and volunteers.
  • Ensuring all dogs, cats and rabbits are sterilized prior to adoption in a manner in accordance with the American Shelter Veterinarian Association Standard of Care.
  • Diagnosing and treating injuries and illnesses that present or develop in animals under the care of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter
  • Participation in twice weekly Clinic staff meetings to discuss all pending animal issues and euthanasia needs.

Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Please forward your CV or resume with a completed application to Cheyenne Animal Shelter, 800 Southwest Dr, Cheyenne, WY 82007. Attn: Human Resources. The Cheyenne Animal Shelter requires pre-employment drug screens.

The Cheyenne Animal Shelter, annually assists between 5,300 and 6,000 homeless dogs, cats, and critters with whatever range of issues they come to us with. 95% live release rate for dogs, 69-74% live release rate for cats.

Part-time Animal Care Specialist

Duties include: Care, feeding and cleaning of shelter animals and their habitats.

Preferred skills: 6 months exp. in animal handling. Adherence to all safety rules/procedures and excellent customer service skills are a required. Recent animal shelter experience is highly desired!  Scheduling will include working on a Saturday or Sunday.

Previous veterinary clinic experience preferred.

Part-time Customer Care Specialist

This position serves on the “front lines” at the shelter –  greeting guests, answering phones, providing information about our shelter and our animals, processing adoptions, intakes, and reclaims, and handling all animals coming in and leaving the shelter. The ideal candidate is a team player, well-organized, patient, compassionate, comfortable working around animals of all kinds, and likes working with people as much as animals. Flexible availability is preferred as the shelter is open seven days a week. Typical starting pay is $9/hour, with raises available at review dates for quality performance.

Part-time Maintenance

Part-time morning hours (8 am to 1 pm, 5 days a week, some Saturdays as needed) general Maintenance position available at the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.

Duties: grounds keeping (such as lawn care and snow removal) and general shelter maintenance

Requirements: Should be familiar with hand and power tools, general plumbing and electrical skills, valid driver’s license, high school diploma.

Please return completed application to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter attn: Human Resources.


800 Southwest Dr.
Cheyenne, WY 82007


Adoption hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursdays until 7 p.m.

Reclaim/drop off: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursdays until 7 p.m.

Seven days a week
(except New Years, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Contact Us

Main Office: (307) 632-6655 Animal Control: (307) 635-1453 After Hours Lost & Found:
(307) 214-5779


Critter Camp & Medical Fund Sponsors: