Volunteer Application Process
Thank you! We love that you are interested in volunteering to help us help the animals we serve here at the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and can’t wait to meet you! Whether you enjoy real “hands-on” experience working with animals or would prefer an office atmosphere, teaching children the humane treatment of animals or if you are great interacting with the public – we have a job for you! The list of current opportunities changes monthly and is available at each orientation.
All volunteers are asked to make a minimum six month commitment to the shelter of at least two hours per week. Learn more about the various volunteer opportunities the Cheyenne Animal Shelter has to offer.
STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
Our Volunteer Program has a variety of opportunities for volunteers of all ages, talents, and abilities!
- The first step in becoming a volunteer is to attend a Volunteer Orientation. Orientation sessions are typically held a few times a month and can be attended by anyone who is interested in learning more about the program. You don’t need to sign up in advance; you can just show up!
Upcoming Orientation Schedule:
Saturday, September 9, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Monday, September 18, 2017, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- After orientation, complete the Volunteer Application that will be emailed to you.
- Pay $20 supplies fee (includes a t-shirt and name badge).
- Complete 4 hours of cleaning/chores shifts (dishes, laundry, etc.) OR other special projects if needed
- Attend a Dog Walker or Cat Socialization training
- Start working with animals!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Stephanie at (307) 212-5317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.