Lost & Found
Pets on this page are not available for adoption.
The Cheyenne Animal Shelter is actively looking to reunite them with their families.
- Pets having NO ID — rabies tag, owners tag or microchip will be held for 3 days once they are picked up per our city/county ordinances, after which they become the property of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.
- Pets having an ID — a current rabies tag, currant owners tag or a current microchip will be held for 5 days once they are picked up per our city/county ordinances, after which they become the property the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.
If one of these pets belongs to you, please call 307-632-6655 to schedule a reclaim appointment. You will need to bring a current driver license, proof of ownership of the pet i.e. a rabies certificate or veterinary records in your name and a photo of the pet.
Lost Pet Tips
- Check with neighbors, mail carriers, neighborhood watch captains, and other individuals familiar with your area. Let them know your pet is lost so they can keep an eye out.
- If you don’t find your pet immediately, take a break and try again later. Pets often return to familiar areas. If you see your pet, bend down into a squatting position and call the pet’s name. Remember to keep your voice light and happy, and to praise your pet for coming back. Do not punish your pet as this will teach him or her to ignore your calls.
- Check local shelters. Visit the Cheyenne Animal Shelter every day. Pets are held for three-five days once they are picked up, after which they become the property of the shelter.
- Check Facebook. We have a Cheyenne Animal Shelter lost and found page run by some very amazing volunteers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LostandFoundCAS/?ref=bookmarks
Here are a few other local lost and found Facebook pages we are not affiliated with to check for and post your pet on.
- Newspaper ads: When placing a newspaper ad remember that the ad will not appear until the next newspaper cycle.
- Posting Notices: When posting a notice, include a picture of the pet and description including color and size. If you have a purebred pet and no photo, look at the library for a picture of a similar pet. Place notices in neighborhood gathering places such as grocery stores, laundry mats, veterinary offices, libraries and schools.
HOURS & LOCATION
800 Southwest Dr.
Cheyenne, WY 82007
Public Kennel Walk Thru Hours: DAILY 3 PM- 5:30 PM ONLY- must have an appointment to adopt.
Currently available by telephone at 632-6655 from Noon - 6 P.M.
Scheduled Adoptions by APPOINTMENT ONLY Noon - 5:30 p.m.
We are accepting owner-surrenders by APPOINTMENT ONLY at 632-6655.
Check out our rehoming program!
Daily basis from Noon - 6 P.M.
Main Office: (307) 632-6655
Animal Control: (307) 635-1453
The Cheyenne Animal Shelter provides intake, reclaim and owner surrender services to Cheyenne and Laramie County residents only.
Animals with a heart on their picture are a part of our Lonely Hearts Club. These are the animals that have been at the Shelter the longest and are waiting for their new home! Meet our club members and see if you can replace the loneliness with love!